1. Alliance Communications Ltd (“ACL”) does not collect personally identifiable information about you except:
When you provide such information on a voluntary basis;
Through your use of ACL’s products and/or services;
When ACL obtains such information from another source (for example, a credit reference agency), together (“Your Information”).
2. Your Information may include your name, address, date of birth, gender, mobile and contact telephone numbers, fax number, e-mail address, bank and credit/debt card information, occupation and employment data, lifestyle and details of how you use ACL’s services. We do not collect other personal information, or any sensitive personal information such as information on you racial or ethnic origins, religious beliefs, trade union affiliations, sexual life, health or criminal activity. We will hold such consumer information in accordance with the following principles:
Fairly and lawfully processed
Processed for limited purposes
Adequate, relevant and not excessive
Not kept longer than necessary
Processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights
Not transferred to countries without adequate protection
3. ACL may hold and process Your Information for any purpose relating to or connected with:
The management of your account
The provision of ACL’s current or future products and/or services
Credit checks or verification of identity
Any legal, governmental or regulatory requirement
The prevention or detection of crime or fraud
The protection of ACL’s legitimate interests.
4. If you are a consumer and have ticked the relevant box on your contract or otherwise given your consent, ACL may also contact you by phone, post, fax, email, or SMS from time to time with information about other ACL products or services which ACL believes may be of interest to you. Please contact ACL Client Services if you do not wish your personal information to be used for these purposes.
5. If you are a consumer and have ticked the relevant box on your contract or otherwise given your consent, ACL may also contact you by phone, post, fax, email, or SMS from time to time about the products and services of carefully selected third parties which ACL believes may also be of interest to you and, without passing control of Your Information, enable you to receive marketing and/or promotional information from them.
7. ACL may disclose to credit reference agencies details of your agreement with ACL, any payments made under any such agreements, account balances and information about any default, dispute, queries and debts. ACL may also disclose details of any change of address reported to ACL or of which ACL becomes aware. The information supplied by ACL and held by credit reference agencies is used by ACL and other organisations to help make decisions about other credit applications by you or other members of your household with whom you are linked financially; and to trace debtors, recover debts and to prevent and detect fraud. ACL may also check and share your details with fraud prevention agencies who will record details of any false or inaccurate information provided by you where we suspect fraud. Records held by fraud prevention agencies will also be used by other organisations to help them make decisions on motor, household, credit, life and other insurance proposals and insurance claims, for you and members of your household, and to help prevent money laundering where applicable. By writing to the Data Protection Manager, Legal Department, Alliance Communications Ltd, The Sanctuary, Eden Office Park, Macrae Road, Ham Green, Bristol BS20 0DD, you can ask us at any time for details of the credit reference and fraud prevention agencies to whom we disclose and obtain information about you.
8. Where necessary or otherwise allowed, ACL may also pass Your Information to certain third parties (some of which may be based outside of the European Union). Such third parties may include:
Those who provide to ACL or its group companies products or services that support ACL’s services
if your bill is paid by someone-else (for example, your employer), that person’s agencies and organisations involved in the prevention or detection of fraud or crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, including the operators and participants of crime prevention schemes in which ACL participates who may compare Your Information with information collected from other sources and who may keep a record of the searches
ACL makes against your name and anyone to whom ACL transfers that part of its business of which you are a customer or a potential customer in accordance with paragraph 13 below. Such entities including their professional advisers may use and disclose Your Information for the same purposes as ACL and its advisers. By entering into product and / or a services agreement with ACL, you consent to such transfers of your personal data.
9. If you wish to:
Update or correct Your Information;
Or request that Your Information is removed from our direct marketing database, please write to the Data Protection Manager, Legal Department, Alliance Communications Ltd, The Sanctuary, Eden Office Park, Macrae Road, Ham Green, Bristol BS20 0DD
If you provide ACL with information about or relating to another individual it is your responsibility to ensure that that individual is aware and has agreed to your conveying such information to ACL.
10. In the event that ACL’s business is sold or integrated with another business, Your Information will be disclosed to our advisors and any prospective purchaser’s advisors and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
11. You are entitled to obtain a copy of the personal information ACL holds about you. Please write to the Data Protection Manager, Legal Department, Alliance Communications Ltd, The Sanctuary, Eden Office Park, Macrae Road, Ham Green, Bristol BS20 0DD. Please provide proof of your identity, and confirm your account number(s) with ACL and briefly describe the information you require. We may also charge £10 to cover ACL’s administrative costs.